The UCSF-Genentech Clinical Development Fellowship Program partners two top leaders in academic research and the biotechnology industry to provide an immersive, innovative, mentored, two-year experience combining academic clinical investigation and pharmaceutical industry training for PharmDs in early postdoctoral years. The objective of this program is to provide training in proper conduct of clinical trials, safety surveillance and risk management, methodologies, and exposure to scientific and ethical issues in research and development.
Fellows will work with research and clinical faculty members at UCSF—a world-renowned teaching institution that focuses on the health sciences—where they will participate in clinical research, patient care, learn via interdisciplinary didactics, and present and publish results of scholarly work.
In partnership with Genentech, a leading biotechnology company in serious or life-threatening medical conditions, fellows will gain experience in clinical development and build core competencies in clinical and safety sciences that will prepare them for an exciting career in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry.
Genentech training (~3 days/week)
- Immersion in safety science (50%) and clinical science (50%)
- Attendance at oncology focused professional conferences
UCSF training (1-2 days/week)
- Mentored experience in oncology clinical service on inpatient unit and/or Early Phase Development unit, with some clinical preceptorship duties
- Training in designing clinical research and responsible conduct of research
- Didactic training and research seminars on Principles of Clinical Pharmacology or special topics in oncology
Other Program Features and Details
- Individualized training plan
- Quarterly multidisciplinary research seminars in collaborative, basic, and clinical research
- Leadership and skills development workshops with other UCSF fellows and residents
Contact for questions and additional info: