Degree Offered: Certificate
Enihomo Obadan-Udoh, DDS, MPH, Dr.Med.Sc., Program Director
Brennan Crilly, Assistant Director, Admissions and Outreach
This 12-month full-time program leads to a certificate in Dental Public Health. It prepares residents to become specialists in dental public health and to be board-certified by the American Board of Dental Public Health.
To be eligible for admission to the Dental Public Health postgraduate program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a DDS/DMD degree or equivalent by the start of the program
- Hold an Master of Public Health (MPH) degree or equivalent by the start of the program
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), if your native language is not English and you have not completed at least one year of college or university-level studies in the United States.
- To enable residents to develop competency in the following 10 areas outlined by the American Board of Dental Public Health (ABDPH) for dental public health specialists:
- Manage oral health programs for population health
- Evaluate systems of care that impact oral health
- Demonstrate ethical decision-making in the practice of DPH
- Design surveillance systems to measure oral health status and its determinants
- Communicate on oral and public health issues
- Lead collaborations on oral and public health issues
- Advocate for public health policy, legislation, and regulations to protect and promote the public’s oral health, and overall health
- Critically appraise evidence to address oral and public health issues for individuals and populations
- Conduct research to address oral and public health problems
- Integrate the social determinants of health into DPH practice
Note: Patient care is not an objective of this program.
- To prepare residents to become eligible for the ABDPH Certification Exams and to encourage them to attain diplomate status within five years of completing their training
- To produce graduates who actively contribute to dental public health education, research, and practice through their job positions upon graduation.
Program Core Faculty
- Find a program faculty list on the program website.